GRANT APPLICATION PROCESS
The grant application must be submitted by the US Postal Service First Class Mail to the address listed below. Please do not send certified or by any other services that requires a signature.
Fern and Gladys Moyer Memorial Trust
c/o Jeffrey Apfelbaum & Benjamin Apfelbaum, Attorneys At Law
124 N. Fourth Street
Sunbury, PA 17801
Also, please note application cannot be submitted by fax or email. Do not use any staples, notebooks, folders, or bind application together. No additional back-up materials or videos are to be sent because they will not be reviewed and cannot be returned. If Applicant has any additional questions regarding completing the application, use the following contact information:
(570) 286-1692 telephone
(570) 495-4044 fax
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
FUNDING TO 501(c)(3) APPROVED
IS PROVIDED FOR THE FOLLOWING
- Program development and special projects
- Equipment that brings new capabilities to an organization.
- Special projects.
REVIEW OF APPLICANT’S REQUEST
The attached application form must be completed and submitted by the applicant. The applicant has discretion to accompany the applicant form with a cover letter, but the cover letter shall not exceed two (2) pages of paper. The Fern and Gladys Moyer Memorial Trust will review the documents that are submitted and will make an initial determination to either fund the request, deny the request or ask that additional information be provided. For those funding requests requiring additional information, the applicant may be contacted to submit the following:
- Further clarification of project goals and objectives, time-frame for completion.
- Organizational overview of mission, history and services provided.
- Further clarification of budget items, anticipated project expenditures and other sources of support for the project.
- A statement describing future funding for sustaining the project in the future years.
FINAL EVALUATION, DECISION AND NOTIFICATION TO APPLICANTS
Following review of all completed information and documentation submitted by the applicant, a final decision will be made on whether or not to grant funding. The Fern and Gladys Moyer Memorial Trust will notify applicants of its final decision of all grant requests.
REGION SERVED BY THE FERN AND GLADYS MOYER MEMORIAL TRUST
The region served by the Fern and Gladys Memorial Trust is restricted to Northumberland and Snyder Counties, Pennsylvania.
DO NOT INCLUDE
- Annual giving campaigns or operating budgets.
- Requests from individuals for personal needs, including loans and emergency funds.
- Funding for religious or political activities.
- Total project costs.
LETTER OF INTENT/PROJECT PROFILE
The application process begins with the submission of a Letter of Intent (LOI) requesting approval to make formal application. Both pages of the Project Profile attached hereto are to accompany the LOI. The Fern and Gladys Moyer Memorial Trust will review the LOI and Project Profile and respond to the submitting organization wither or not the proposed project meets one or more of its priorities.
The LOI should fully detail the scope of the project and anticipated costs and outcomes. The letter should be no longer than two (2) pages and contain the following specific information about the project or program:
- Name of the project/program, total anticipated cost
- Amount of funding requested
- Other sources of current and potential funding
- Anticipated start date of the project/program
- The need that the project/program addresses and scope of participation
- The anticipated outcomes once the project is completed
- The Letter of Intent should be signed by the President of Executive Director of the submitting organization
The Project Profile to accompany the LOI requests for specific information about the applicant and will be reviewed as an integral part of the application submission.